This is the first of two cakes for a double birthday. This was for a first birthday. It was done similar to the "Duff" cake in purple to match the other cake. Stacked 3, 4, 5 inch square cakes. Vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate ganache filling. I made balls on wires to put into the cake, but that is better done right before the event, so I didn't get a photo of it.
This was the second cake, for a second birthday. This was to match a previous Tinker Bell cake that I had made. Similar to the above cake, it was waiting for some stars on wires and Tinker Bell to grace the top. The original cake (right) was done 2 years ago. I think that my skills have improved since then, but I love both cakes.
Pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese filling. This is definitely my favorite cake to eat, but one of my least favorite cakes to decorate-- it's softer than most. I actually had my first cake not bake properly, and I had to bake a new one, ugh.
Finally, I made two mini - smash cakes to match the big cakes. Nothing fancy, but after they were done, I did get a kick out of them. 3x3 inch mini cakes with buttercream icing.
No comments:
Post a Comment