
These cookies were for a 'Boy and Girls club' team at the last game of the season. They are sugar cookies with royal icing. (I didn't get the orange icing consistency just right and it ended up a little lumpy. ARGH! The right consistency on your icing makes all the difference!) I piped the black lines first then filled because real basketballs have the lines indented into the ball. I also wanted some texture. I considered using sanding sugar or piping some accent dots. I ended up liking the look of the sugar. Note that I just sprinkled the sugar in a crescent around one side. I didn't want the whole thing covered, and only doing part gave it sort of a highlight.

Also, here are some photos that show how I package them. First I place them in cellophane bags and heat seal them with a hair straightener. I make labels and print them on card stock. Then I stick them to the bags with craft tape.
Finally, here's what they look like boxed up ready for delivery. Some times I put them in a bigger box with a bow, but this was a small order and I was crunched for time with the big birthday cake that I was working on.

1 comment:
So cute and so fun to see your packaging as well! You always have such great ideas!
Post a Comment