

For my grandfather and aunt, celebrating their birthdays this holiday weekend!
The "Cock Cake" (my cousin, Chip, named it) is for my grandfather, as he and my male cousins went pheasant hunting for a great many years. I had planned to make a more three dimensional pheasant, but it just wasn't working out at all (it looked like a funky chicken). I cut out a piece of gumpaste and painted it.

I made a simple "Tiffany Box" cake for my aunt, who of course loves Tiffany - what woman doesn't!
Both cakes were vanilla white cake with raspberry buttercream filling. My grandfather's cake had white chocolate and chocolate fondant. This is the best tasting fondant! (My aunt's cake was plain flavored fondant, which is also good.) Everyone loved them!
2 comments:
And yes, they truly were beautiful AND tasty!
Didn't think you'd throw in the "factual" name, but that's how we call then in the field.
Nice job, Jen.
Thanks Chip!
glad you enjoyed it!
Post a Comment