Tuesday, May 5, 2009

it's a Ladybug soccer game


These were supposed to be soccer team snacks for my daughter's game last Saturday, but it was rained out. Their team is the Ladybugs, and I thought I'd try small ladybugs on the soccer balls this time. In previous years, I've done separate soccer ball and animal/bug cookies. Here's what the cookies looked like before the ladybugs landed:

I used pink and grey to make the cookies "girlie" and to be a contrast to the bright, black and red ladybugs. I piped the ladybugs out on wax paper first and let them dry. After they had hardened, I stuck them on the soccer balls with more royal icing. The benefit to doing this is that the ladybugs stay flat and don't follow the bumps in the lower level of icing. (it also prevents mess-ups) I tried to do a little too much this weekend (see previous three posts), so these didn't come out as clean and neat as I would have liked. They still make me smile though.

No comments: