
I donated a gift certificate towards a cake (or other confection) to the ZEF 'In-Style' Luncheon silent auction. They raise a lot of money to support our local schools. I hope my donation helps them out!
I made this dummy cake (styrofoam) to display with the gift certifcate. I wanted to do something whimiscal and bright like Spring. After sketching various concepts, I decided on this little tea set. I always love making copies of my favorite MacKenzie-Childs things. They have their own lovely whimiscal character.
I made this dummy cake (styrofoam) to display with the gift certifcate. I wanted to do something whimiscal and bright like Spring. After sketching various concepts, I decided on this little tea set. I always love making copies of my favorite MacKenzie-Childs things. They have their own lovely whimiscal character.
For the teacups, I molded gumpaste inside my daughter's plastic princess teacups. The teapot was a real challenge. I ended up using one of my son's smaller balls as a form. I molded half over the ball and trimed it. Then I molded the other half and gave it the characteristic shape. I didn't like the seem so I added a strip of gumpaste around the middle which is visually masked by the checkerboard pattern. The tea set came out so adorable, I'm glad it's coming back after the auction!
1 comment:
Oh, so THAT is how you did it! It is just adorable! (Hopefully I will get this posting loaded right this time!)
Post a Comment